Course Duration
1 Year
Location
Cauldon Campus
Course Cost
£ -
Do I have to pay this fee? These courses receive government funding, and some learners will be eligible for FREE tuition if they meet specific criteria. Some L code courses at Level 3 to 6 may also have an Advanced Learning Loan available for learners aged 19 and over.
Course Code
FL8029
Start Date
02/09/2024
Start Time
-
Day
-

Course Summary

This course is newly developed and designed for technical people who are seeking a career in software development and engineering. You will develop a general understanding of software through topics including AI, developing applications, debugging, programming C++, Python and coding before specialising in software production and design by studying this T Level.

Based in our sector-leading Digital and Creative Hub, you will develop core skills and theoretical knowledge and be completely trained in a variety of computing techniques and processes; using a variety of industry equipment and software programs, and be able to produce creative and technically proficient software programs and tools for a number of platforms and audiences.

On the course, 80% of your time will be spent in College computer suites with the remaining 20% on an industry placement. This T level will include an industry placement with an employer so that you can apply your learning and skills in a real workplace environment.

We will help develop your core soft skills, giving you employability skills so you are workplace ready. Attributes such as teamwork, Collaborative cloud computing tools, resilience, independent of thought, communication skills, problem solving skills and the articulation of creative ideas will all be supported throughout the course.

What is a T-Level?
A level 3 qualification, T Level is a new nationally recognised qualification that is equivalent to 3 A-Levels with the same number of UCAS points for university entry. You will develop both operational and technical skills through courses and your real-world work placement. Access to professional standards equipment, including a new fully equipped film studio and control room. This course gives you the tools, skills and knowledge to get ahead into the growing Film, Television and Social Media production industries. Excellent hands-on experience in the classroom and studio, working as part of a team to articulate ideas, develop projects and be able to deliver to deadlines.

T-Level Placement
The Industrial Placement is a compulsory part of the T Level course and full T Level certification cannot be achieved without completion of the Industrial Placement. A placement takes significantly longer than traditional work experience and can therefore be very beneficial for both you and the employer. It is anticipated you will receive appropriate technical training as needed through your placement.

Course Requirements

Entry Requirements

You should be aged 16-19 and will need a minimum of 5 GCSEs grade 4 or above, including Maths and English.

How Is It Assessed

Assessment is through a combination of coursework, work-based observations, an employer project, some examinations and an end point assessment.

How Is It Taught

Based in our sector-leading Digital and Creative Hub, T Levels are delivered using state-of-the-art, specialist facilities and industry equipment found in the workplace. The mixture of classroom learning and 'on the job' experience through a minimum 9 week industry placement allows you to apply the skills developed in the classroom to a real working environment.

What Could I do Next

T Levels are designed to enable you to progress to university, into employment, to a degree level Apprenticeship or further higher-level study at college.

Entry Requirements

You should be aged 16-19 and will need a minimum of 5 GCSEs grade 4 or above, including Maths and English.

How Is It Assessed

Assessment is through a combination of coursework, work-based observations, an employer project, some examinations and an end point assessment.

How Is It Taught

Based in our sector-leading Digital and Creative Hub, T Levels are delivered using state-of-the-art, specialist facilities and industry equipment found in the workplace. The mixture of classroom learning and 'on the job' experience through a minimum 9 week industry placement allows you to apply the skills developed in the classroom to a real working environment.

What Could I do Next

T Levels are designed to enable you to progress to university, into employment, to a degree level Apprenticeship or further higher-level study at college.